Stay Ahead of the Pack!
With the new 80.5mm ALPHA
Two Finely-Tuned Widths!
- 80.5mm tall x 60mm wide DH Race: Superior top-end roll speed, traction, and braking power… with surprising quickness and agility for a wheel of this heft!
- 80.5mm tall x 55mm wide LDP Trim: Optimal balance of momentum, efficiency, and grip for pushing & pumping speeds!
Race Wheel Engineering at its Finest!
- A highly-optimized balance of properties for modern racing. Welcome to a whole new realm of FAST!
- Size and momentum to carry you past the competition in straightaways.
- Finely-calibrated widths and supremely supported edges for smooth, predictable handling through even the hardest corners
- The very fastest urethane that the skateboard industry has ever seen, bar none.
- Named after the Greek letter “alpha” (α), used in science to represent rotational acceleration.
- Stout S-shaped edge profile optimizes lip support, maximizes traction under extreme G’s, and ensures predictable slide initiation and hookup.
- Running surface features a 0.5mm concave that pre-loads edges, heightens rebound, and enhances in-slide feedback.
- Bearing seat offset 6.5% for progressive lip engagement and more consistent wear.
The Fusion™ Core – Integrating
15 Years of Advanced Hub R&D!
- 46mm tall x 44mm wide – the largest and most supportive hub ever seen in a wheel this size.
- Deep, wide “saddle” profile regulates lateral wheel flex, supercharges edge support, and ensures absolute mechanical lock with the urethane.
- 8 lateral support beams (hollowed-out for lightness and aesthetics) form wide ridges that create unprecedented circumferential lock and rebound.
- Robust bearing lugs.
- Formed from 85D fiber-reinforced thermoplastic – the toughest hub material in the industry.
DEFCON™ High-Rebound Formula
• Thoroughbred race ’thane • Guinness WR speed
• Directional slide • Long-lasting grip • Slow, consistent wear
Finely-Tuned Durometer Choices!
- 76A Mango Defcon: Vice-like grip and very snappy directional slide, with plenty of slowdown power. Ideal for aggressive racing.
- 78A Mint Defcon: Very stiff edges that give loads of grip with a friendly slide and crisp hookup. Ideal for smooth roads and lighter riders.